Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Kaj Pindal Train Film

I'm currently in production (on a co-production), with none other than Mr. Kaj Pindal, world famous animator. It's a film that features toy trains, brought to life through stop motion animation.

The concept is Kaj's, the trains are Kaj's... I'm providing some further creative insights, and my stop motion skills.

It's also a chance for us to test drive the studio's new HD set up that is running the Canon Rebel and Dragon.

The finished film will be about 3 minutes long, will be set to a lovely piece of music (a popular Danish tune from the mid 1800s), and will entertain both young and old. That's all I will say for now.

When will it be done? When it's done (I like Kaj's style towards release dates!)

I'll post updates on occasion. Here's a clip to get started:

KajPindalTrainFilm_Day1 from Chris Walsh on Vimeo.



I'll update the project occasionally, but here's a video to get it started. It was a great first day. We had recent grad (and super talented artist) Carla Veldman, Kaj himself, and our studio's technology guru Aldines Zapparoli, all grooving away.

It's a rare thing when you can get together a core group of talented and awesome people, of all ages (!) to make something exciting. And if you can listen to vintage jazz music at the same time, well... I think you've died and gone to heaven.

If only every work day could play out like this!

2 comments:

Nathan Dickey said...

Nice! looking forward to seeing it, liking the new computer setup too- new since I have been in there last anyway, I think there was still a television screen.

jriggity said...

How cool is that man!

rock on guys...

jriggity